Thursday, July 21, 2011

Half Moon Nails

Everyone knows how excited I am about Nail Art being a big trend this summer, so imagine my stoked-ness when the reverse half moon trend was introduced on the runways this year. Thanks to Miss Maven for bringing these to my attention!

A photo from Vena Cava's runway show

Mine
YOU WILL NEED:
Black nail polish
Beige/Skin Tone nail polish
A small, thin art brush

I did my nails by painting two coats of beige, then took a nail art brush and hand drew the black half-moons. It's not exactly the easiest way, and since I'm right handed, my right hand nails needed some extra time to not look wobbly. If you want to try this look, an easier way of doing it could be using reenforcement stickers 'a la Good Taste. All in all, I LOVE this look and will probably be incorporating fall colors in September.





No comments:

Post a Comment