Monday, February 6, 2012

Diagonal Shatter Nail Design

When OPI first came out with the shatter polishes I was obsessed. Then I kind of got over them. Last week, I was perusing the nail blogs I'm subscribed to and came across some shatter polish photos and they got me thinking about ways to revamp the look. 


I grabbed a matte, hot pink polish from Essie and painted two coats all of my nails. After they dried, I covered half of each nail with tape and applied OPI's Silver Shatter to the exposed parts.  I put the glossy top coat on JUST the shatter portions and voila!


The combination of the matte with the shimmery shatter looks really cool in person. The color looks red on camera, but it's actually more of a dark pink.Next time I'll have to try this with black!


PRODUCTS USED:

Essie- unknown... but it's a matte dark pink color
OPI's Silver Shatter
Scotch Tape
Top Coat

No comments:

Post a Comment