Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blue Hair, Don't Care- KATY PERRY MAKEUP

No, you are not looking at photos of a Smurfette. You are looking at shots from my Katy Perry Grammys Makeup Tutorial. This year Katy showed up to the Grammys with a blue-dyed coif and bubble gum pink lips. I love her quirky and fun style, so when I saw her come out on the carpet I already knew I wanted to replicate this glamorous yet daring look. 

CLICK HERE TO WATCH TUTORIAL


Since I don't have blue-dyed hair, I threw on this California Girls wig I had and went to town.


For the eyes, Katy had a natural champagne shimmery look with thick, winged eyeliner and humongous lashes. I also traded in my normal brown brow filler for bright blue, as Katy has also done.



The lips were a cool, cotton candy pink.

PRODUCTS USED
*some of these are replacements for the limited items I've used in the photos.

Eyes
Urban Decay Priming Potion in Eden
Shimmertime pigment by MAC
Blacktrack Fluidline by MAC
Naked shadow from the Urban Decay NAKED palette
Makeup For Ever lashes
Reflects Pearl Glitter by MAC
Fix+ spray by MAC
MAC False Lashes Extreme Black Mascara
Electric Eel MAC eyeshadow (for the eye brows)

Face
Peaches blush by MAC
Trophy Big Bounce eye shadow (Shell Cream Color Base is a great substitute for this limited MAC item)
MAC Skinfinish Mineralize Powder in Gentle 

Lips
Hot Pink NYX lip liner
Tease (baby pink) lip liner from MAC
St. Germain lipstick by MAC
Enchantee Kissable Lipcolour by MAC

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with these lips! They are so delicious! I love your blog! Everytime I have a quetion about something I search it here to get your pointers! Thank you for taking so much time to share knowledge, ideas, and creativity to all us makeup lovers. My problem is buying tons of makeup and not knowing what to do with it all! lol #makeuphoarder ;) YOU are amazingggg!

    ReplyDelete