Monday, November 21, 2011

October's Shop & Tell

Hi peeps!

I'm a little late on posting this but I recently went Halloween makeup shopping and wanted to share some of the items I purchased with you. Click below to watch my "Shop & Tell."



You can find the products below at http://shop.cinemasecrets.com/

Party Girl (Katy Perry) Wig -- So fun! The wig looks great out of the bag and the curls are easy to manage.

Flesh Latex-- Works great. I dribbled some onto my face and neck for a "melted skin" appearance on Halloween eve and it totally worked. I just dabbed on some concealer in my skin tone on top and it was good to go.

Super Sealer spray -- I sprayed some over mine and my fiance's Halloween looks and it worked pretty well. I also used some recently for a maternity painting and it worked so good that I got a text from the mom-to-be the next day saying the painting was STILL on!

Black lipstick-- I was SO bummed because this Cinema Secrets-brand lipstick came out super sheer and looked like Clinique's Black Honey lipstick shade.

Glow in the Dark Body Gel-- Total waste. It smelled funny and felt gross. And didn't even glow.

You can find the products below at http://www.naimies.com/

Elegant Lashes-- According to a trusty friend, these lashes are from the same distributor as MAC's eye lashes. I have to agree because they went on just like MAC's lashes do and worked fabulously. $2.99 a pair and probably the best purchase I made all day.

Beauty Blender-- This adorably bright pink teardrop-shaped little wonder is amaze-balls. My foundation has never looked better. I absolutely love the pointy end to get into the nooks and crannies (like around your nose and eyes). The best part is that this sponge, unlike others, actually washes out and is reusable. And it better be, for $18 a pop!

MUF Eyebrow Corrector-- I love this stuff! I've talked about this fab eye brow filler before on my blog, but it's worth a second look. If you don't believe me, ask recent convert Allyson Stagg, who now swears by the number 0 shade. I'm a number 3 girl myself.

MUF Mate Velvet-- I'm pretty happy with this medium coverage, matte finish foundation. It keeps up with me as I work, make meetings and appointments, hit the gym, walk the dog and make dinner.

MUF Flash Palette-- The colors go on beautifully and did really well when I used them with MAC's Invisible Set Powder for body painting. However, I found that they moved and melted when I used them to draw intricate designs. Bottom line is, it's a great palette for body painting, not so much staying power on the face.

Nail File-- It's aight. I've had better.

iHate Products

Advanced Home Active Brazilian Peel

MAC Pro Long Wear Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment