Monday, September 12, 2011

Shop & Tell- With Video!

Hi bloggers! Over the summer, I bought a ton of beauty supplies, etc and thought I'd share with you. A haul of sorts, but I'm calling it a "Shop and Tell." Below are my reviews for each product, as well as a video. Enjoy!

1) Organize-Her by MEAD - Sold exclusively at Target I am obsessed with this entire line of notebooks. I have the grocery shopping notebook that comes with tear-out shopping lists and pockets for your grocery cards and coupon clippings. If you're like me and have a million planners and schedules all filled with the exact same information, all because it makes you feel as if you have some kind of control in your life, than this is for you.

2) Nail Tool from Sally Beauty Supply I wasn't really a huge "Sally" girl, but they have the best selection of nail polishes and nail tools. I got my little tool (one side is a dotter, the other is a thin art brush) for about $6.

3) L'oreal Lash Serum Since I filmed the video below, I have applied the Lash Serum nightly for about 2 weeks. Do I see a difference? No. #worthless.

4) Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara Not really a Revlon girl, but ever since the old Opulash formula from MAC made some of my lashes break and fall out, I was desperate to restore them to their original glory. For $7 this is literally a miracle worker. My lashes are flowing and extending. The gentle formula is great for sensitive eyes and feels nourishing, without being sticky or clumpy. I like the fat brush it comes with too. Fan for Life.

5) Crest 3D White Strips- 5 Minute I'm a coffee/soda/red wine drinker and so whitening my teeth every six months is a must. For those of you, who like me, have zero patience and time to wait for those half-hour formulas to work, this is a great alternative. It does the job. I mean, my teeth aren't blindingly white, but I did notice it cleaned up some of the staining and gave my smile a brighter look. I apply the strips to my teeth at night before bed. Put on my PJ's, do my nightly OCD routine of making sure everything is organized for the next day, then remove the films and brush my teeth to get rid of the extra gel. Five minutes. Done. I would totally do it again.

6) Halloween Lashes- Rite Aid Haven't tried these yet, but I adored the teal colors feathers popping out at the ends!

7) L'oreal Ever Strong Conditioner- In love with the entire line. Its sulfate-free formula is gentle and your hair is shinier than Whitney Houston's forehead when she performs onstage. Amaze-balls.

8) Aveeno Face SPF 30- I like trying out different SPF formulas each time I run out, and I always stick to SPF 30 or higher. So far, this formula is great. Not too greasy and stays put under my foundation. I do get a little shiny later on in the day, but let's face it, it's been like 100 degrees in Los Angeles. I'm lucky my makeup stayed on my face at all.

9) Fresh Sugar Honey SPF 15- At $22.50, it's the most expensive lip balm on Earth and I would buy it again and again. I get compliments on the new Honey shade daily "Is that a lipstick or gloss? It's so natural, what are you wearing?" I literally just wear this alone on a daily basis for work, and it's SO soft, has SPF to protect your lips, tastes great and gives off a lovely flesh toned color. It's butter for your lips, without the calories.

10) Clinique Acne Spot Healing Gel -At $14 a pop, this little miracle worker will last you at least a year, if not more. It contains salycic acid and softly murders your pimples without burning your skin.

11) Skintimate Cream Shave- Great substitute for shave mousse, which can dry out your skin and is costly. A little bit goes a long way, and you don't even need lotion after.

12) Secret Natural Mineral- I sweat like the cops are after me, and this is the only deoderant to date that has held up to the job. I'm always on the look out for deoderants, and this one will do... for now.

13) Lime Crime Eye Shadow Helper- This is Lime Crime's eye primer. It comes in a cute Tiffany blue container. Since the video, I have tried it and well..it's a little oily. Not my fave, and no where near as good as Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Eden.

14) Lime Crime-Mint To Be- Awesome sea foam green lip color perfect for editorial and Halloween looks! Such a creamy formula too. Here I am rocking it below at the Katy Perry concert. Chantal has D'Lilac on.

15) Lime Crime- My Beautiful Rocket- a lovely bright orange that looks beautiful on olive and dark skin tones. A must for my makeup kit.

16) Orbit Sweet Mint- Best flavor of gum out there. Enough said.



Watch the video to see the products and more thoughts!


1 comment:

  1. oh! i have to tell you about my new fav beauty tool! it's a Heated Eyelash Curler by Ardell. it really works well, even w/my short lashes! it's only $4.19 at drugstore.com. if your order is $25 or more, shipping is free. BTW, there are a lot of great deals at this website!

    ReplyDelete