Wednesday, September 21, 2011

MAC Fall Launch

My good friend Jen and I attended MAC's Pro event at their Hollywood and Highland location last night, where we got to see and play with their three fall launches.

POSH PARADISE- Click here to view

This launch features 8 paint pots in neutrals, blues and plums. I don't love the paint pot's formula as a base for eyeshadow, but I did like the range of colors it came in. Also included were 10 slim Mattene lipsticks. These lipsticks promise a semi-matte, velvety finish without drying your lips out. I adore them and wish I had a reason to rock the deep dark purple one, Potent Fig. Two frost-finish nail laquers complete this launch, a gold and a dark purply blue. Not a fan of frost nail polishes, but they did compliment the trends we saw during NYFW.
MATCHMASTER SPF 15 FOUNDATION- Click here to view

This new foundation comes in 14 shades and features a different shade-numbering system than the typical MAC "NW15" or "NC30." Instead, the colors are numbered 1-10. This new foundation is made of translucent pigments to enable "a fully personalized finish influenced by the subtleties of your own skin's undertone." It's a demi-matte, medium finish. I tried a little on my hand. It has a velvety soft texture which leads me to believe it's a line-reducer, but not sure how/if this "new technology" really works. I like the pump-bottle. Although I can't wait for MAC and Makeup For Ever to start making foundations with higher sun protection- SPF 15 is like wearing a bridal veil: the sun can still see and get to your skin! Either way, if you like medium coverage, Matchmaster is worth a shot.



STYLE DRIVEN- Click here to view

This launch showcases 15 Pro Long Wear eye shadows which came in the old-school bigger size. The colors were all lovely and seemed to stay on well. I'm sure you will still need a basic eye primer to go underneath them, but still, that's just a fact of life. The only thing I didn't understand was why on earth they were so...big. Everyone knows a regular sized MAC eye shadow lasts forever, are you supposed to bury this one in the grave with you?! 12 ProLong Wear LipCremes join this launch. Again, the colors were gorge, but I didn't try any on, so I can't comment on how they feel or wear. They did look creamier than the normal ProLong Wears which you paint on with a wand, and seemed more user-friendly. 9 ProLong Wear LipGlasses accompany the LipCremes and might I say I am in love. They are super creamy, incredibly pigmented and look like vinyl on the lip! I bought one in Whoops! Let's talk about the ProLong Wear Lip Pencils- I wish I could have bought all 10 of them, but I settled by getting What a Blast! Long wearing and creamy. It's like the creme liners, except it doesnt smudge or move.

No comments:

Post a Comment