Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Neon Shatter Nails for Summer



Yay! I'm finally back with a new nail art tutorial. This one is a neon, "summer" take on OPI's Black Shatter polish look. I had totally forgotten about the Shatter until I saw it sitting all by itself in my drawer. I've always been in love with neons and now that I have a semi-tan and summer is on it's way, I decided to rock them. The problem with neons is that to get them to show up as vibrantly as they look in the bottle, you have to apply at least four coats. I eliminated that by applying white polish on the nails first, helping the neons pop. Remember that Shatter works best when it is applied very thinly. If you put it on too thick, the Shatter won't crack as much and will hide most of the color underneath. 

Happy Watching!



PRODUCTS USED (from left to right):
Orly Base Coat
China Glaze "White on White"
Color Club "Yell-Oh!" 
Color Club "Explosive"
China Glaze "Shocking Pink"
MAC "Feelin' Blue"
OPI Black Shatter
Rush 60 Second Top Coat


No comments:

Post a Comment