Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wedding Series: Makeup

Next up-- the makeup! 
My fabulous photographer Rustin Michael took some great getting ready shots of me that I'll share below. For my own makeup, I used Dinair's airbrush foundation, blush and highlighter. I wish I could use airbrush foundation everyday, but I'm too lazy to clean out the gun every morning (you can't leave product in the airbrush gun because it will damage the whole machine- talk about high maintenance). Airbrush makeup is fantastic for brides because it stays on, and floats right about your skin, as opposed to sinking into your pores, giving you a smooth glow. There is a small amount of alcohol in the foundation, which helps to dry down very quickly and stay ON like nobody's business. 


Here I'm applying a small amount of MAC's Reflects Pearl glitter on the inner corners of my eyes, because let's face, everyone knew I would rock glitter on my wedding day.


Here is the finished product, complete with a combination of MAC and Urban Decay eyeshadows and Ardell lashes. I kept the lips neutral so poor Dylan wouldn't be smeared with bright lipstick all day. I'll have a video tutorial of this look as soon as the weather cools down and my studio isn't a hot box!


Here's the Mother of the Bride, in all her glory. I definitely get my makeup skills from my mom. She has always been skilled with the makeup brush. I remember watching her do her makeup as a kid in the 80's, I just couldn't wait to grow up and do winged out blue eye liner and hot pink angled blush like she did. Mom did her own makeup that day, I helped her a little with the eyeshadow and lash application.

Yep, that's the ring boy in the corner

Here is my bridesmaid Angelica representing all the girls' makeup. Allyson Stagg of The Las Vegas Style Sirens (and of being my best friend) did my girls' makeup. Knowing my love for dramatic eye makeup, she created this jaw-dropping teal and champagne smoky eye topped with MAC's Reflects Teal glitter and whipped them up for each girl within three hours. I couldn't believe how sexy and bold my bridesmaids looked! As if you guys don't know already, I'm not really a fan of the "natural look." I LIVE for jewel tones and sex-pot makeup, and that's exactly what Allyson delivered. All of my girls looked like Playboy models, and I'm pretty sure their boyfriends/husbands didn't mind at all. ;)




Cappy and his Godmother

I wish I had photos of all the girls, we are still in the process of editing. I'll go back and update this blog once the photos are ready :)





No comments:

Post a Comment