Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Wedding Series: Hair

Happy Thursday peeps! Today I bring you the hairstyles from our wedding. 

My hair was the biggest issue of the entire wedding. I had four different hair trials, and finally, Byron Williams of Byron & Tracy Salon in Beverly Hills was able to whip my heavy, straight hair into an updo that would hold. Let me just clarify that I hate updos. I was always the girl who wore her hair down for high school dances. But the back of my dress was so pretty it just would have been a shame to hide it with my mane. So I found a photo of a modern updo on Eva Longoria that I felt I could deal with. It's important to show your hair stylist a picture of exactly what you want. The only thing I did different was part my hair on the side, and "bump up" the crown area for volume. My husband is 6' 3" and I'm 5' 4" so I need all the height I can get!



...Here is my hair brooch by Maria Elena & Lovella Bridal- it's bendable and adjustable! 


Here's the final look before I walked down the aisle


I love this photo by Rustin Michael below. It's difficult to see how intricate the hair design is because of my dark hair, but the back lighting helps. 


Here's a photo from the end of the evening after we had danced and sweated all night. It held up pretty good!

Poor Dylan had to take out about 2 lbs-worth of bobby pins out of my head that night.

The lovely Alicia Diaz did most of my bridesmaid's hairstyles. All the girls decided to leave their hair down and in wavy curls, which I thought looked fantastic with their fascinators. I felt the fascinators were a perfect touch for our Hollywood wedding :) I wanted my girls to look "Hollywood classic" without pulling the same old red lips-black eyeliner-and-victory rolls, and I think we succeeded.

From L-R: Lisa Kederian, Allyson Stagg, Angelica McDonnell, me, Chantal Guederian (MOH), Corine Goodwin and Lisa Gonzalez.


Accessories

Hair Brooch by Maria Elena
Bridesmaids' fascinators by Claire's

Hair Vendors

Bride & Maid of Honor: Byron & Tracy Hair Salon
Bridesmaids: Alicia Diaz (626-862-3732)

1 comment:

  1. And thank heavens you put your lovely hair up to showcase the back of the dress! Your hair turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete