Tuesday, June 26, 2012

IMATS L.A.- June 23, 2012

It's that time of year again! Every June, the International Makeup Trade Show makes its way to Los Angeles. This year, I took my fellow makeup artist and BFF Allyson Stagg of the Las Vegas Style Sirens  along. With my wedding looming in the near future, I really couldn't go berserk like I did the previous year and buy everything I wanted. I walked out of there with only $50 worth of products, can you believe it?! The IMATS were a little less crowded this year, with exhibitors ranging from makeup giants like MAC, Urban Decay, and Ben Nye to boutique lines like Lime Crime and Sugar Pill, to up-and-comers like Youngblood Cosmetics and OCC. Naimie's Beauty Supply took up an entire aisle, which I like to call "Heaven," with products otherwise unreachable to us L.A. girls like Lise Watier and Smashbox. I'm happy to report that the theme among most of the booths was paraben-free, cruelty-free products. The only thing that bummed me out this year is that I literally saw NONE of the beauty bloggers and Youtube gurus I follow there. I was so disappointed, I love meeting other people in the beauty industry and I have no idea where they were and why they weren't there. I was super sad that Kandee Johnson didn't make it out this year as well, due to her father's recent passing. Your presence was missed, Kandee, and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 

Here's Ally and I at the entrance



My fun collage of some of my favorite products at the IMATS

Clockwise from the top: the IMATS signage outside of the Pasadena Convention Center, OCC Lip Tars, Lise Watier Lip Stains and Lime Crime's Carousel Gloss and Eye Liners.

The Youngblood Cosmetics booth, where I ran into friend Adriana Perez of the PR crew :)
Youngblood Cosmetics. I love their primer and eye cream

Some of the special effects makeup being done on the floor 

I bought Too Faced's 3 Way Eye Liner at the Naimie's booth...great stuff!


Ally and I are wearing Lime Crime's Mint To Be and Cosmopop lipsticks.We had so much fun looking at the products at their booth!


I found THE Eve Pearl doing makeup on the floor of the trade show. Amazing!


I absolutely adored these Sugarpill girls. I love how bright and fun their makeup line is.


I chatted with Doe Deere, creator of Lime Crime, again. I like to pick her brain about Lime Crime's products and just what goes on in that blue-haired head of hers. Not only is she super creative, BUT she is also a savvy business woman, something a lot of artists in this business lack.



As usual, it looked like My Little Pony threw up glitter  and rainbows on my hand.

Always testing products.

 We swung back around to the Lime Crime booth and ran into the inspiration behind Doe's "Aquataenia" line, real live moon mermaid Traci Hines

She's just so darn magical!

A cool body painting by Mehron Cosmetics. I love how good the painting came out on the fabric of the bra, it really looks like she's wearing nothing!

Here's my stash from the IMATS: South Seas Airbrush Tanning Solution, South Seas Coffee Body Scrub, Too Faced 3 Way Lash Lining Tool and a sample of Kollagen's 24kt Gold Eye Serum. Not pictured: Ardell Lashes and Duo Black Lash Glue.


Phew! Two happy but tired makeup artists who may as well have spent the day in Disneyland. 


Join me at the IMATS in Los Angeles next year on January 18-20th! Tickets are already on sale: https://makeupmag.com/imats_tickets/cPath/239/



No comments:

Post a Comment