Friday, June 17, 2011

June FUN Beauty Poll

1. Mood: Can sunburnt be a mood? Because I can't stop thinking (and feeling) about the one on my shoulders and upper back. I went to the beach last weekend and totally forgot to get my back. Thank goodness for Solarcaine Aloe Extra Burn Relief Gel. I have an emergency bottle on stand by in my fridge at all times. It has lidocaine HCI (a pain blocker) as the active ingredient and man does it take the pain away.




2. What are your favorite hair products at the moment? I guess this is more of an accessory, but I'm really digging those feather hair extensions. So cute!




3. How do you feel about Chanel No. 5? It reminds me of my mom in the 80s: super glamorous, blue eyeshadow on her lids, red lipstick and a big, bold perm. While she did look fierce for the time, Chanel No. 5 just too strong of a scent for me.



4. Do you ever wear sunglasses? Oh yes: I gotta protect my peepers (and the skin around them) from the sun! I have a ton of Betsy Johnson cheap-o sunglasses I got through some internet sales, and my prized possession: my black Chanels with mother-of-pearl C's on both sides. I have never spent so much money on one item before in my entire life (excluding cars and rent). And I probably never will again. Those sunglasses will literally be in my will.

 
5. Your preferred method of bikini line hair removal? Wax, wax, and oh...wax. Ladies don't ruin your bikini line by shaving. For the love of your choncha! Your skin down there is SO sensitive and razors create tons of ingrown hairs and irritated skin. I have a great wax lady at Radiance of Life (Lu) who does an amazing job with this special wax that hardens on its own, and it's eco friendly since she doesnt need muslin strips to remove it. She sprays the area down with Tea Tree Oil and I can't tell you how soft the skin feels afterward. If you are in the L.A. area, please hit Lu up. If not, it's always helpful to Yelp waxers in your area. You can read my review on there!



6. Three beauty products every woman should have? Some form of SPF, an eyelash curler and tweezers. I'm serious.


7. Three other things every woman should have? Self respect, an education and a large collection of shoes.




8. Do you consider yourself lucky? Very. I feel that most of the things in my life that have happened were from luck. And by luck, I mean God. If I didn't have God in my heart, I don't know where I would be right now.



9. Something you’re looking forward to today? Our show is nominated for an Emmy, and we find out tonight if we won....cross your fingers!




10. Weekly goals: Have FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment