Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lush Haul

 Can you tell it was recently my birthday? My sister now works part time at LUSH. My first thought when she got the job was-- HOW LUCKY AM I?! Needless to say, she hooked it up on my birthday, and hasn't stopped hooking it up since. She has TONS of stuff at home that she never uses, and guess who gets to have the unused goodies? ME!! This is just a portion of my Lush goodies, but I thought it was a good place to start. 


This Bubble Bar smells wonderfully clean and turns your water a pale blue. One bar is enough for 3 baths.
Blue Skies & Fluffy White Clouds bubble bar

This solid shampoo smells horrid. I would liken the smell to ear wax and vomit. No joke. I got it because it's supposed to be good for dry, dandruffed scalps and even though it does a decent job, the stench is just too much to bear. Sad story.
Soak and Float Solid Shampoo
This lip scrub is the bomb dot com. Plus it tastes great. I use it nightly after I brush my teeth. Rinse off the product, then apply lip balm and I wake up with soft lips.

Bubble Gum Lip Scrub
This foot lotion smells like peppermint and really relieves tired, aching feet. My boyfriend was hesitant of the pink color, but he loves this stuff.
Fair Trade Foot Lotion

This hair styling cream (not yet out in stores) promises great hold for those who want "a sleek wet look" Since I don't want my long hair to look "wet," I gave this to my boyfriend, and he uses it daily. He is happy to report that it does the trick. A little bit goes a long way and the hold lasts all day. So, if the man in your life is looking for a new styling product for his short hair, drag him into your local Lush store stat. Lush is coming out with a whole line of "Dirty" items, can't wait to try the soaps! Side Note: I am ADDICTED to the smell of this! It's so amazingly refreshing and woodsy. I can't stop following Dylan around sniffing his head lol.

Dirty Hair Styling Cream

This Colour Supplement is Lush's answer to tinted moisturizer. This particular color is too light for me, so I'm saving it for a pale customer/friend who would like to try it.
Jackie Oates Colour Supplement

This Cleanser is more of a scrub. GREAT for oily skin! I just dampen my skin with warm water, the take one or two of the crumbles you see in my hand there and mix it with water. It turns into a thick, scrubby paste that I rub all over my face and let sit for about 2 minutes. It does a great job exfoliating, and smells like licorice. Word of advice: if you have sensitive skin, stay away from this type of product.
Dark Angels Cleanser
 This soap smells like apple and spearmint and leaves a cooling feeling on your skin. I love using this with a loofah in the shower after a sweaty gym session. Great way to wake up in the A.M., too!
Demon in the Dark Soap
 I'm ashamed to say I haven't tried this mask yet (Chantal gave me 2 fresh-made Lush masks that go bad if you don't use them in a certain amount of time, so I've been busy using those first). Apparently you can use this on your whole body (backne, anyone?) and has loads of kale in it.
Mask of Magnaminty Face

This bath bomb smells like a citrus-y sherbet. Here, I've cut it in half so I can use it for two baths, instead of just one. It melts into a foamy, marshmallowy goo and turns your water a variety of colors. The center has gold shimmer, and it's sooooo pretty in the water!
Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb

This stuff is pretty rad. It's a mask that you must keep in the refrigerator and will last you about 5-6 times. Due to the fact that it's perishable, Lush does not sell these online. The presentation of these masks in the stores are so fun. Usually, they are in metal bowls in a bed of ice, surrounded by real berries, vegetables, nuts and whatever else they have used to make them. I like to think of Love Lettuce as a "beginner mask." It's great on all skin types, with it's soft little beads to gently exfoliate. The clay in the mask dries down after about 10 minutes, removing all the impurities. Leaves no redness behind.
Love Lettuce fresh mask (in store only)

This new hand lotion has got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen. In the shape of a hand, and smells like Marigold and Vanilla. You can already see in the photo that it melted a bit onto my hand. That's basically how it works: you hold it for a few seconds, then rub whatever's melted off all over your hands (and feet if you like). No plastic bottle to throw away when it's done, either.
Tiny Hands Hand Lotion
This bath bomb is one of my all time favorites. It fizzes and crackles to life in the tub. It smells like...spring. And the sea salt helps your skin glow.

Sakura Bath Bomb

No comments:

Post a Comment