Monday, April 18, 2011

Peter Rabbit Maternity Painting

I can't express enough how much fun it is to paint mommy bellies! It's probably my favorite thing to do. Here is Corine, one of my brides from 2009, preggers with her first baby. She is 8.5 months along, and was a total trooper for the 2 hours (total) it took to do all of this. I adore first-time moms. They are always so happy and...glowy! LOL Corine is doing a whole Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit motif for their baby boy Jackson. In honor of this, we did a little Peter Rabbit on her belly, complete with a white picket fence and an apple tree. I did my signature banner with the baby's name across the bottom. Little Jackson was a curious baby who kept elbowing my hands and brushes as I was painting. It's one of the coolest things in the world to feel an unborn angel poking around in their mom's belly! I can't even describe what a blessing it is. I am always in awe of how life begins and how amazing the woman's body really is.

 

SIDE NOTE: In case you are interested in belly painting for your pregnancy, all the products I use are water soluble and completely safe for baby and mom. I use gently pressure and always make sure my moms and babies are comfortable.







I took this after we wiped Corine's belly art off, of Corine, hubby Alex and baby J. Not bad for an amateur, huh? 


No comments:

Post a Comment